In my head these were going to look amazing but as per, reality didn’t quite measure up to my imagination. Never mind, I guess alls that really matters is that they taste great, right? Right guys?
Anyway, here’s my recipe – as seen in Epigram Food – for some frightening tasty halloween treats:
Don’t forget to oil your hands…
They actually look pretty freaky with flash.
***Makes 24 popsicles***
What you’ll need:
400g of Marshmallows (that’s about 2 bags)
150g of Sainsbury’s basics rice crispies
300g of Sainsbury’s basics white chocolate
Green and red writing icing
2 Baking trays covered in greased clingfilm
1 Saucepan filled 50mls of hot water
1 Glass bowl
1 Freezer food bag
24 Wooden sticks procured from your favourite coffee chain
What to do:
1. Empty your marshmallows into the glass bowl and place in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds and then stir, continue until completely melted.
2. Mix your rice crispies into the marshmallow goo, stir until evenly covered.
3. Coat your hands in oil and form the marshmallow into evenly shaped balls (well… attempt to). Place the balls on your greased up trays.
4. Transfer them to the freezer for 30 mins to set.
5. Once that’s done, draw the eerie green and red eyes on the mummy heads.
6. Next, break the chocolate into the (now clean) glass bowl and place it over the bain marie (i.e. the hot water in the saucepan). Keep stirring until complete melted, you might need to heat it gently on the stove.
7. Transfer the chocolate into freezer bag and push the chocolate all into one corner.
8. Hold the bag at the top, and snip a small hole in the bottom corner. Pipe the bandages onto the faces.
9. Return to the freezer for a further 30 minutes.
10. Finally, push the sticks into bottom of the mummy faces and you’re done.