What do you do when everything goes tits up in the space of a week?…. You get your friends round and you bake, that’s what you do.
This is comfort eating with an edge, a crumbly biscuit edge.
These mint chocolate chip Oreo cupcakes will solve any problem; big, small… non-existent, meh you don’t even have to have issues and these cupcakes will still make you feel ten times better about life.
I’ve left the recipe below so that you can recreate them in all their peppermint and chocolatey glory.
My pipping skills might need work, but E’s coordination is worse. Can’t leave her to do anything unsupervised haha.
What you will need:
For the cupcakes
2 packets of chocolate cream Oreos
50g of chocolate chips
40g of coco powder
165g of caster sugar
115g of self raising flour
1 tsp of baking powder
175g of butter
For the icing
150g of butter
300g of icing sugar
1 to 2 tsp of peppermint essence
Blue and green food colouring
What ya do:
** Preheat your oven to 180 (fan temp) and line a 12 hole-muffin tin with cupcake cases and place one Oreo biscuit in the bottom of each case
1. To make the cupcakes, cream your butter together with your caster sugar. Then crack in your egg and whisk until smooth.
2. Add all the chocolate chips and the rest of the dry ingredients. Blend until the mixture looks light and airy.
3. Next spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, making sure each has equal amounts.
4. Transfer to the oven and cook for 20-25 mins, until a skewer comes away clean.
5. Once baked, take the cupcakes out of the muffin tin and set aside to cool.
6. Meanwhile, cream your butter and then add the icing sugar. Blend until smooth.
7. Add the peppermint essence and food colouring. It took a lot of drops to get to the colour we had, and even then it’s not come across as bright in the photos as it was in real life, so keep adding until you reach your desired tone.
8. If your cupcakes aren’t completely cool by the time you have done step 7 then place your icing in the fridge to firm up a little.
9. Once the cupcakes are cooled, transfer the icing to the pipping bag and decorate.
10. EAT. (There will be icing everywhere, just warning you)
Taylor Swift, Blank Space
Can’t beat a bit of swifty during times like these