Right for some strange reason I’ve suddenly come to the conclusion that I really want a spiralizer. Not because I need it – I doubt I even have space for it in my flat’s tiny kitchen – I just want one so that I can play with my food in a socially acceptable manner.
And yes, I know, I’m about six months behind on the hype BUT for those of you judging me, I’d just like to say that a spiralizer is not just for Christmas its for life… Yep, things when from normal to super deep real quick.
*Ehem* but anywho, the reason why I’m talking about spiralizers is because if you really wanted to you could replace the pasta and chunks of courgette here with spirals of courgette thereby making this recipe even healthier than it already is.
It’s your choice, I recommend spaghetti or linguine cause pasta is delish but that’s just me.
What you’ll need:
2 Servings of spaghetti
2 Courgettes, sliced
1 Packet of king prawns
1 Lemon, juice and zest
3 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 Pinches of chilli powder
1. Cook the pasta in salted water as per the packet instructions
2. Add the courgettes and garlic to a hot frying pan with a glug of oil and cook for 5 minutes until soft, stirring regularly
3. Add the prawns, chilli powder, lemon juice and zest, and cook until soft
4. Drain the pasta but retain a few tablespoons of the water
5. Mix the pasta and the water into the courgette mix and season with salt and pepper
6. Mix in the basil and parmesan and then serve
The spaghetti picks up all of the flavours from this dish, and, spoken like a true pasta fanatic, I’d say it is the best part of the meal.
The Mouldy Peaches, anyone else but you
-To illustrate my love of pasta / cause I’d forgotten how good Juno (the film) is