DO YOU LOVE CHEESE? DO YOU WISH YOU COULD EAT IT ALL THE TIME AND NOT GET FAT?
Me too, let’s be friends.
So yes, as you might have gathered, this recipe involves cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
Plus, because I made them in miniature size, and as the neighbours came around half-way through making this to see the puppies, I now can’t remember the exact quantities I used which means that this recipe is now going to be as basic as a Bake Off un-seen challenge.
HOWEVER, THIS DOES MEAN THAT THERE IS NO LIMIT ON THE AMOUNT OF CHEESE YOU CAN USE!
No need to feel guilty when I’m actively encouraging you to use your eyes and mouth to decide where to draw the line on percentage of cheese to broccoli and bacon.
What you will need:
Some blue cheese
What to do:
1. Cut up your bacon into little bits, and finely slice your spring onions and mushrooms
2. Fry the bacon in its own fat in the pan with the mushrooms until nearly cooked and then add the onion
3. Meanwhile, place your broccoli in a pan of boiling water and leave for 4 minutes
4. Grate your hard cheeses and chop your soft ones into small chunks
5. Melt your cheese in a pan, add the chopped up parsley and just enough milk to make it into a thick sauce
6. Drain the broccoli and, with the bacon and onion, mix into the sauce
7. Transfer the mixture into an oven proof dish, grate a hard cheese of your choice over and place under the grill to crisp the top
I’ve found that lately multiple varieties of cheese have been cropping up in our fridge. I’m partly to blame for this as after making mum buy St Agur once, she’s now addicted.
However, even if you don’t have as many varieties or even if you have a different selection, this recipe provides an alternative way of eating your beloved cheeses.
The Weeknd, I can’t feel my face
– Don’t be ashamed if your love of cheese also makes you feel this way